Saturday, October 15, 2016

Taco Omelet






A simple twist on two of my favorite things, tacos and omelets!

As an Ambassador to Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, we were challenged to make an omelet that represented our countries food using fresh, free ranged eggs. I happily took on the challenge and put a simple twist on two of my favorite foods. 

The recipe is easy to make, I just used my left over Black Bean Quinoa Salad mix from dinner the night before and turned it into an omelet taco for breakfast. Delicious! Now I can have healthy Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 


What you need...
2 eggs, scrambled
Black Bean Quinoa Salad mix
Avocado
Tomato
A few leafs of Cilantro/Coriander

How to make...

  • Heat a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat
  • Pour scrambled eggs into heated skillet and cook for about 2-4 minutes or until bubbly and only a little running on top
  • Carefully flip the omelet to cook other side, about 2 minutes
  • Remove from pan and lay flat on a serving plate
  • Fill with a little of the Black Bean Quinoa Salad mixture
    • this can be added cold or add to the skillet for about 1 minute to heat through. 
  • Fold the omelet over to make the taco 
  • Garnish with avocado, tomato and cilantro/coriander
  • You can also sprinkle with a little cheese if you eat dairy. I don't eat dairy, so I leave that off, but my kids like a little on theirs. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment